Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Macheda delight at Serie A debut

Sampdoria loan signing Federico Macheda was pleased with his first appearance at the Serie A club in their 2-1 win over Roma on Sunday.
The Manchester United forward was substituted on in the final 20 minutes with the score at 1-1, and although he did not score the winner, the 19-year-old was thrilled to be involved in the win.
“The team played well. We have won after making a good recovery and this is really important. I’m very satisfied with my debut. It would have been even better if I scored a goal, but for now it’s okay. What is important is that the team wins and we achieve good results as we have done today,” Macheda said.
“Well, I had a chance (on goal), but it didn’t end up at best. I’m happy since it was important for us to win the match and I’m happy to have contributed to this.”
The Italian starlet said he was impressed with the welcome he received by his colleagues at the Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris.
“I have to say that this is a good team and they’re all good guys. I was very impressed since it’s not so simple to find team-mates that support you from the very first minute. I’m happy to have found such good guys as they are,” he said.
Macheda said he hoped his six-month stint in Italy would help him grow as a player to help United’s assault on the Premiership trophy next season.
“I hope I’ll achieve the best results, since I came here with the willingness to improve both professionally and personally, since these are two important aspects. I hope I’ll have the chance to improve in any aspect during these six months,” he said.
Sampdoria moved to ninth in the league with the win on Sunday, closing to within six points of fourth-placed Roma.

No comments:

Post a Comment