Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Columbian whiz kid drops Benfica hint

Columbia Under-20 forward Fabian Castillo says he is aware of Benfica interest and admits he dreams of playing for the Eagles.
The 18-year-old striker, who is currently with Columbia at the Under-20 South American Championship, has been attracting a lot of interest lately with Benfica seems to be winning the race for his signature.
The Deportivo Cali striker admits a move to Benfica would be a dream come true.
“I know that there are many offers for me but I prefer Benfica,” he told A Bola.
“It is a great club, well-known, with several players I admire, Saviola, Aimar, Paraguay striker Cardozo. And they have Gaitan too! Great player!”
“It is true that it would be good for me to stay at Deportivo Cali and play at the Under-20 World Cup, in July, in Columbia, but if you ask me, I would join Benfica.”
The negotiations between the two clubs are well under way and Castillo could arrive to La Luz before the January transfer window closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment